Barrons’ police promotion bundle
IN DEPTH CRIME COURSE
An in-depth video based crime course with new topics being added regularly. Each topic includes videos that explain the details, self assessment activities, flash cards and exam style questions. This blended learning technique elevates your studies, teaching you what you need to know, and delivering the teaching in the best, scientifically proven method. Make the most of your precious time, with this training course. View a sample video here.
Each topic starts with an active recall task and then follows with explanatory videos and self assessment tasks, and where applicable, comparison and highlight sheets for printing. Then there are flash cards to check your learning. Each topic finishes with a summary of the topic highlighting all the critical information. There are also a set of exam questions which you can return to at a later date to refresh your memory and see how much information you have retained as well as topic suggestions for subsequent study.
Barrons’ police promotion bundle includes over 500 online flash cards to study with. Flash cards utilise active recall, an incredibly effective way to study that highlights your weak areas whilst helping to embed your current knowledge into long term memory.
Product requires an internet connection for online access.
12 months access to over 1000 multiple choice style exam questions for the 2022 exams to test your knowledge and help you study. There are multiple exams styles available depending on what stage you have reached in your study.
- Choose one of the shorter 50 question exams to help you study. At the end of each question, you will be presented with the answer and the reference page from our crammer guides. So any question you get wrong, you can revise immediately.
- Choose one of the subject based exams (50 questions) to test your knowledge in any of the 4 areas – Crime, traffic, evidence and procedure or police duties. Your results (and the correct answers) are shown at the end of the exam.
- Choose the full length (1.5 hours) exam with 150 questions. Your results (and the correct answers) are shown at the end of the exam. You will also be provided with results for each of the 4 subject areas. This will help you decide if there is one subject area in particular that you need to work on.
- Product requires an internet connection for online access. Hosting the questions online means that any changes in legislation can be updated immediately within the exams, meaning your studies are always up to date.
You can log in to your account and take the exams as many times as you like. The questions are drawn randomly from the larger pool of questions so no two exams are the same. The answer choices will also appear in a different order each time. This makes it very hard to memorise any of the questions which would give you a false sense of achievement.
The questions are shorter and to the point to help you consolidate information to memory and discover areas of weakness in your learning. Try them for free here.
These crammer Books by Tom Barron have no semantic somersaults or linguistic limbo dancing, just the facts made simple!
We have done the hard work for you by breaking down the law into easy to understand sections. The clever layout makes learning and remembering all the facts a much easier process.
Our police crammer guides are compact and can be taken anywhere. Read them on the train; listen to them in the car. There aren’t many places you won’t be able to study thanks to Checkmate Publishing’s crammer products. You can even download them and listen to them from your “smart” device.
Now in their 23rd edition for the 2023 exams. The Made Simple books comprise a set of 3 books and include the new misconduct guidelines.
- Crime made simple
- General Police Duties made simple (including Road Traffic)
- Evidence and Procedure made simple
Each of the books contains the whole syllabus without the nit-picking waffle. Designed for the professionals who have to pass the exam at the first attempt. After each chapter there are about 100 questions, with 2000 questions in all.
The Made Simple books are compact and easy to use. Measuring just 21cm x 15cm, they can be carried discreetly with ease. With the syllabus broken down into bite sized chunks, it doesn’t matter whether you have 5 hours or 5 minutes to study – you can study wherever and whenever you get the time.
Set in flow-chart form with simple text and plenty of mnemonics they will help you sail through the examination process.
After purchase you will receive a link to download the files. These must be downloaded to a computer but can then There are over 8 hours of subject matter covering the core areas of the crammer books. Our teaching includes easy to learn aids and mnemonics which will help you to recall the vital information you need when you are under the added pressure of an exam situation.
Listen to a sample here:
IMPORTANT!!! You must download these files to a computer and then sync them to your mobile device. Make sure you are connected to the wifi, they are approximately 800mb altogether. If you don’t have access to a computer, just let us know in the notes of your purchase and we can send you files via a free Dropbox account.
Purchase the products individually here.